Sunday, April 13, 2008

set up, like a bowlin pin, Knocked down, it gets to wearin thin. they just wont let you be

the title is kind of lame but can't be more fitting

The final 2 days in mexico were some of the most hectic and stressful of the trip. I had to use my ninja like training to get through these times. Friday we head to chalula to see some more ruins- the bus ride will be explained in my “transportation” blog b/c that itself needs a whole explanation. Probably one of the shittiest times in my life. I wanted to hop off and walk but we were in the ghetto so that was no go. So after getting to the 2nd tallest pyramid in the word we start to check it out with tons of obnoxious school kids. Did I mention people here gawk @ us. It gets tiring to say the least. So the pyramid is not excavated fully b/c ironically there is a church on top of them. The brainiac conquestidors said “hey there is a tall hill that overlooks the city, lets stick a church on top of it so all of the Aztecs can see who is the ruler now.” little did they know there was something underneath of it. All the money and power in the world and dumb as a box of rocks…that sounds about right- I assume george bush is a decendent of these people. The raddest part is we got to go inside. I never thought this was going to be an option but it was. The tunnels were some of the 1st arches ever built I assume- this place predated 0 AD- I don’t think the Egyptians had them but they may be wrong. Hard to believe that I could be but there is always a chance. After heading bck to puebla we go eat and hit up maya, the super tramp wook selling all of the carvings. I got a sweet piece of amber for a keychain. I figure where else can I get this for 15 bucks, now where in the US that’s for sure.

Saturday we board one of the deluxe buses back to mexico city. We arrive around 3 and the rain came. We were going to check out the floating gardens but we did not have much time and didn’t want to pay a cab and them not even be running b/c of the rain. We stayed @ the marco polo in the zona rosa- also known as the gay district. I do not mind gay people- go be gay all you want, just don’t do it in front of me. They must have not gotten the message b/c I was nauseated several times yesterday. Julie is one of those people that has a thing for them. I will never understand the fascination with it but she was happier then a pig in shit, esp to go out. I went along figuring it was better then the hotel and there were women too so I didn’t have to see the men and their very open PDA that they have here. So Julie starts to talk to these kids, around 16/17 and they start t lead us around the city looking for more gay men. Just what I wanted to do, in the rain. After them taking us here and there I just say we need to go back by the hotel b/c I did not want to get raped by some back street gay bum in some random alley. After seeing the movie hostel I know that anything is possible so I was kind of weary of the whole “hanging with the locals” anyway. We head back to this bar and now all of the hot lesbians were all over. Making out left and right, pretty much just shy of going down on each other. So Julie is talking to some and I grab a beer. They are talking about going to another bar so I step out with my beer on the sidewalk to see what she wants to do and bam, a freaking undercover cop wants to take me to jail. Yeah- jail, for drinking on the street. The whole situation was shady, I don’t know if we were set up by the locals and they were all in on it or if they were really trying to help us. We were staying right by the embassy so I refused to go anywhere with anyone- the good thing about the crooked cops is you can pay them off- problem was we had no money. They wanted 60 bucks to leave us alone- there was some money in the room so that is where I wanted to go. They wanted to take me to the ATM to get it out, I may look dumb but I am not a fucking idiot, not to mention earlier in the night my bank closed my account for the 100th time b/c they feel they are protecting me when they see random charges on the account. God forbid someone leave the area of Hilton head or bluffton once and a while. When I get back I am closing my account. This always happens @ the worst times and they are some local Podunk bank so there is no 24 hr service. So back to the cops…Julie is shooting her mouth off to these guys that claim to be cops b/c they had shitty looking badges and what not. Never have I wanted a roll of duct tape so bad. After convincing them I had money in the hotel they let us go back. I am pretty much begging the waiter and the people @ the hotel telling them I’ll give em 100 bucks of they give me 60 just to get to guys away from us. We go to the room and turn out all we had and we happen to have exactly 600 bucks- if Guadalupe was not on our side for this one then it musta been the skulls. I give the money to the bellman and they go away. 1st rule of thumb- never give them a reason to fuck with you here. 2nd never let Julie deal with them in a time like this. This kind of leaves a bitter taste in my mouth about the country yet I did break the law. The fucked up thing was there were tons of Mexicans drinking in the streets right with me. El gigante has to get fucked with though. All I could think of was how I have never been to jail and mexico city is not the place for my 1st experience, or any place for that matter. I am glad I was pretty drunk @ this time b/c it help me sytay calm being I was “one eyed” drunk. I did not care what they wanted I just wanted to get them the cash and be done with it. My life is worth more then 60 bucks- I am thinking @ least 100 on a good day but no less then 75. I was kind of insulted I did not bring a higher amount. So this morning we wake up @ 6 to get to the airport, Julie had an early flight. So feeling like ass and pretty much going through th “I’ll never do that again” phase of my hangover I take a shower and feel somewhat better. All I wanted to do was brush my teeth. My Listerine ran out and that was a problem it itself. So I walk to the sink and see no water. I ask Julie where it is and her reply was “oh I made some coffee” where is that duct tape again. I could do nothing but laugh to myself when she said “oh there’s some left” and brings a cap full over. I made it work and didn’t have to use the tap water. Thing is, it was a liter bottle- who needs 8 cups of coffee when we are about to leave in 10 minutes. I hope that was the best cup of coffee she has ever had b/c I had to stomach some tooth paste and that does not mix well with tequila from the night before. - bitch